That is a straightforward aspect dish we make all yr lengthy and certainly one of my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed filled with recent cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an excellent lunch or is ideal served alongside nearly any meal.
A Favourite Facet Salad
- Since there are not any lettuce leaves to wilt, Greek salad is among the finest picnic and potluck salads; it holds up so nicely!
- Bulk up Greek salad by including diced potatoes or your favourite cooked and chilled pasta like rotini, penne, or macaroni shells. Or make it a lightweight dinner by including chopped salami, shredded chicken, or shrimp!
- Meal prep salad bowls for per week of nutritious and low-calorie lunches by scooping Greek salad onto a mattress of Romaine lettuce, quinoa, orzo, garbanzo, or black beans.
Greek Salad Components
Greens – Recent chopped greens are the bottom of this recipe.
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Use no matter you’ve got that’s recent and juicy. If making forward, I favor Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes as they maintain up nicely within the fridge.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper convey crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter shade you’d like. There is no such thing as a must peel the cucumber.
- Pink Onion add taste to this salad. To make the flavour of purple onion a bit milder, soak the slices in chilly, salted water to neutralize them a bit.
Olives – Kalamata olives add the right taste to this recipe. In case you aren’t a fan, you’ll be able to depart them out of this recipe or strive swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, and even capers!
Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. Historically feta cheese is served in a big slice on the salad nonetheless we prefer to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chew.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing can (and will) be quite simple, this lets you actually style the recent veggies.
A quite simple combination of oil, purple wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano is all you want. When you’ve got a bottle of Greek salad dressing you should use that too however on this combination, we favor the straightforward recent dressing.
Feeling Fancy? When you’ve got recent herbs available together with oregano, parsley, or recent dill, sprinkle a little bit bit on high. Recent herbs actually can take this dish to the following degree in taste.
Learn how to Make Greek Salad
Even Panera can’t examine to this fast and simple dish!
- Chop the greens into massive chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake nicely (per the recipe under).
- Add feta & garnish with parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Preserve leftover Greek salad in a coated container for as much as 4 days. Add some recent veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it pretty much as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you take pleasure in this Greek Salad? Make sure to depart a score and a remark under!
A easy mixture of recent veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a recent and simple dressing.
Mix all dressing elements in a small bowl and blend nicely or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, purple onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss nicely to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up nicely on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will maintain for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I normally begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is optionally available however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese may be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.