This crispy Coconut Shrimp recipe is each scrumptious & simple!
Tender bites of shrimp are coated in a candy crispy coconut crust. It’s cooked till golden and served with a easy 3 ingredient dip.
They’re good as an appetizer or make a fantastic meal over salad
Straightforward-to-Make Coconut Shrimp
This Coconut Shrimp recipe is bound to vanish from the appetizer desk.
- Skip the deep fry: This coconut shrimp recipe is oven-baked (or air fried) for a pleasant crispy coating.
- Make forward: Prep forward and refrigerate or freeze. Bake simply earlier than serving for a fast and simple appetizer.
- Simply dip, coat, and bake – it’s that easy!
- Making your personal coconut shrimp prices much less than pre-packaged, and tastes method higher!
Elements for Coconut Shrimp
Shrimp – Medium or massive, recent or frozen, peeled and deveined. Butterflying the shrimp open can create a extra dramatic presentation, and leaving the tails on could make them simple to choose up and dip.
Egg/Cornstarch – Dip the shrimp in a whisked egg combination and cornstarch to assist the coating stick.
Coconut Coating – Pulse sweetened shredded coconut in a meals processor to interrupt it up after which add panko breadcrumbs for additional crunch. You may unsweetened coconut, however sweetened is really helpful for a greater taste.
Find out how to Make Coconut Shrimp
- Coat the shrimp: Dredge every shrimp in cornstarch and egg, after which roll in a combination of coconut and panko crumbs (per the recipe under).
- Bake: Bake within the oven, air fryer, or deep fryer till golden brown.
- Serve: Together with your favourite dipping sauce or sweet chili sauce.
Ideas for Crunchy Coconut Shrimp
- Shake off any extra cornstarch – you simply desire a gentle dusting.
- When you don’t have cornstarch, you should utilize all-purpose flour as an alternative.
- Spray the coconut coating with cooking spray earlier than cooking to get a crispy exterior.
- Coconut shrimp cook dinner shortly and home equipment can range, so be sure you test them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Find out how to Put together Forward of Time
To organize shrimp forward of time, and as soon as breaded, place the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate as much as 24 hours earlier than baking.
- Freeze on the baking sheet and as soon as frozen, switch to a freezer bag or air-tight container. Retailer as much as 2 months earlier than baking.
- Cook dinner frozen ready shrimp from frozen, including 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Leftover shrimp may be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days in an hermetic container or zippered bag.
Did you make these Coconut Shrimp? Make sure to go away a ranking and a remark under!
Candy Coconut Shrimp are battered and coated in coconut, then baked till golden brown!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg till nicely crushed.
In a meals processor or blender, pulse the coconut or chop it with a knife to interrupt it up. You do not need it too nice, simply damaged up just a little bit.
Mix the chopped coconut with the bread crumbs.
Dip every shrimp within the cornstarch combination, shaking off extra. Dip into the crushed egg, then coat with the coconut and breadcrumb combination, urgent gently to stick.
Place the shrimp on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
Bake for 8 minutes, flip the shrimp over and bake for five to 10 minutes extra or till cooked and crispy. Broil for 1 minute if desired.
Serve heat with candy chili dip (recipe under).
Air Fry: Cook dinner at 400°F for 7-9 minutes, flipping over after 4 minutes.
Deep fry: Preheat oil to 375°F. Fry shrimp in small batches for 3-4 minutes or till golden and cooked by. Drain on paper towel and season to style.
- Cooking time is for giant shrimp, regulate cooking time for different sizes.
- Spray the shrimp very nicely with cooking spray for a crispy exterior.
- Make sure to shake off any extra cornstarch, you simply desire a gentle dusting. Cornstarch may be changed with all-purpose flour.
- You should use sweetener or unsweetened coconut flakes, we desire sweetened.
- Coconut shrimp cook dinner quick; test them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Energy: 329 | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 225mg | Sodium: 1136mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.